Even if you do not come to the main campus of SUNY Canton, you may still use the Library's services. A login page will usually appear when first using a research database. This will be your NetID and password issued by SUNY Canton. From the Library website at you can:
- Southworth Library has access to over 150,000 eBooks. Just use ROOsearch to search your subject, look for the 'Available Online' below a result, and access the full-text of the book from your computer or device.
- To limit your search to just eBooks, select 'eBooks' from the "Source Types" filter on the left.
- As a SUNY Canton student you also have access to almost 3,000 eBooks and audiobooks through Libby. To access Libby, use your NetID and password
- Browse new and popular books in our Collections.
- Use any of the databases to find either full-text or a description of an article in journal, magazine or newspaper.
- Check out our Research Guides for your specific curricular area, or browse the A to Z list of Databases or the Databases by Subject guides.
- If we don't have access to the article, make an ILL request and have the article delivered electronically to your inbox!
- Make an InterLibrary Loan (ILL) request using the ILL link on the Library's website or within the database you are using. We will take care of the rest.
- Use the Live Chat link to contact a librarian from anywhere in the U.S. for help with a research question, or use the chat utility on the library homepage or within the research guides to chat live with a SUNY Canton librarian.
- Call the SUNY Canton Library at (315) 386-7228.
- Text your question to: (315) 254-2770
- Submit your question to our LibAnswers system, and a librarian will answer you the next time he/she logs in to the system.
- Contact the Office of Online Learning (315) 386-3878 or visit their website.