Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books, media, etc. - what are they?
These are the items you'll find on the library's shelves.
- Books on a single topic by one or more authors.
- Books which are edited volumes where each chapter is written by a different expert.
- Audio-visual material such as DVDs, videos, CDs, etc. (most media is for in library use only)
Books, Media, etc. - how to search for them
1. Try a title or keyword search on your topic.
2. Look at several relevant records and note words and phrases from the "subject" area.
3. Go back to the search screen and search BY SUBJECT using the words you identified in step 2.
4. When you find something useful, copy down the call number and location.
5. Use the "Format" limiter under Advanced Search to limit your search to specific formats like Music, Visual Materials (VHS, DVDs etc.)
Major search tools for books
Click here to jump to the library homepage to search RooSearch -- our discovery service that simultaneously searches almost *all* of the library resources at once!
Searches thousands of libraries - and links to Interlibrary Loan
Useful Web Links
Homeland Security Digital Library
The Homeland Security Digital Library is the nation's premier collection of homeland security policy- and strategy-related documents.
Browsing the stacks
HV Social Pathology, Social and Public Welfare
- 551.2-639-Emergency Management
- 553-639-Relief in case of disasters
- 560-583-Red Cross. Red Crescent
- 599-639-Special types of disasters
- 640-645-Refugee problems
- 650-670-Life saving
- 675-677-Accidents. Prevention of accidents
- 680-696-Free professional services. Including medical charities
- 697-4959-Protection, assistance and relief