Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books, media, etc. - what are they?
These are the items you'll find on the library's shelves.
- Books on a single topic by one or more authors.
- Books which are edited volumes where each chapter is written by a different expert.
- Audio-visual material such as DVDs, videos, CDs, etc. (most media is for in library use only)
Books, Media, etc. - how to search for them
1. Try a title or keyword search on your topic.
2. Look at several relevant records and note words and phrases from the "subject" area.
3. Go back to the search screen and search BY SUBJECT using the words you identified in step 2.
4. When you find something useful, copy down the call number and location.
5. Use the "Format" limiter under Advanced Search to limit your search to specific formats like Music, Visual Materials (VHS, DVDs etc.)
Major search tools for books
Click here to jump to the library homepage to search Roogle -- our discovery service that simultaneously searches almost *all* of the library resources at once!
SLEUTH: Canton's Library Catalog
The catalog for the library at SUNY Canton
Searches thousands of libraries - and links to Interlibrary Loan
Browsing the stacks
HB Economic theory. Demography
HC Economic history and conditions
HD Industries. Land use. Labor
HE Transportation and communications
HJ Public finance