Trade publications are those written for individuals who work in a particular occupation or business. The authors are usually practicing professionals. Technical language is used in the articles. In addition to the articles, each issue will include general information about the occupation or business and the advertising in it is geared toward people who work in that area. Sometimes, membership in a professional organization is required in order to view a trade publication. In addition to the trade publications found in some of the library databases, the links below will lead users to lists of trade publications in many fields.
Free Trade Magazine Source
Search individual databases. Most relevant for this subject are:
1. Try a title or keyword search on your topic.
2. Look for useful "subject" or "descriptor" words. These will either be in a list on the results page, or you may need to look at a number of individual records.
3. Go back to the search screen and search BY SUBJECT/DESCRIPTOR (not by title/keyword) using the words you discovered in step 2.
4. Be sure to take advantage of:
5. When you find an item you want, use ArticleLinker to get it.